Hey loves! Today I wanted to talk about my all time favorite at home highlighting kit: L’Oreal La Petite Frost in H75 Chardonnay.
I have been dying my own hair ever since I could remember. When it comes to highlighting and bleaching, I’ve tried different kits, but this has the be the one that gives the look I want. This is also perfect for people with dark hair like mine and want noticeable highlights.
Here are a few tips of what I do when I bleach my hair:
1. Highlight on second or third day hair so that the oils protect the scalp a little.
2. I part it down the way I normally wear my hair. I know some people may beg to differ, but that’s just how I do it and end up with the look I want.
3. Don’t use the cap it comes with. I’ve noticed when ever I used the cap, the highlights wouldn’t reach my roots.
4. Make sure to brush out all of the knots!
5. Make sure to deep condition after bleaching. Remember, bleach will dry out you hair, so it is very important to nourish it.
Heres the before and after:
Another tip is to use purple shampoo to tone out the brassy color. I wanted the ends of my hair more blonde, so I saturated the ends with purple shampoo and left it on for 5 minutes.