I’m a huge fan of the “no makeup makeup look”, especially on days where I am just running errands and I don’t want to walk around looking like a tired mess. Reasons why I love it: it’s fast, easy, and it looks natural.
There are 5 rules I go by when achieving this look:
1. Toss the heavy liquid foundations and stick to a tinted moisturizer or powder. I’ve been really enjoying the Bare Minerals compact power recently. For extra coverage, use a little concealer for all of your trouble spots.
2. Don’t forget the brows! Your eyebrows frame your face, so brush them out and lightly fill them in.
3. Use mascara to give just the right amount of attention to your eyes. If you’re like me and you don’t have the best lashes, you can always opt for lash extensions (like I do) or false lashes.
4. Nude lips. We’re going for natural, so opt for a nude/flesh toned lip color. Everyone’s skin tone is different, so your nude lip color may be different from mine. Click here for my favorite nude lip on brown skin tones!
5. Give your face some color by lightly dusting a little bronzer around your forehead and cheeks. I like to also add bronzer to the crease of my eyelids for a little more dimension.
My current go to products for this look:
1. Bare Minerals powder
2. NYX Conceal, Correct, Contour concealer
3. Salon Perfect Brow pomade
4. Wet ‘n’ Wild bronzer in Dulce de Leche
5. Milani lipstick in Teddy Bear.
6. If I wore mascara, I’d go for the L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black