Usually for spring I tend to dye my hair a little lighter. One of my favorite at home hair dyeing kits are the L’Oreal Feria. I’ve noticed this makes the biggest change in color on my hair. My hair is naturally black, and I try to stay away from bleach. This time, I’ve decided to go brunette, and I used the color Light Brown #60. My friends and family always ask how I dye my hair, so here are a few tips on how to dye your hair at home!
1) Because I have such dark hair I always choose a box dye lighter than the color I want.
2) I make sure to have second/third/fourth day hair.
3) Part your hair before applying hair dye, and start from the bottom bottom layers working your way towards the top
4) Apply hair dye on your roots last
5) After applying hair dye, put a plastic bag over your hair.
Here’s a before shot, you can see how dark my roots are, and the tips of my hair is lighter.
Here is the after shot.
One of the main reasons I love this product is because my hair feels moisturized and healthy. Instead of looking dull, it also leaves it a really nice shine to it. The color is vibrant and long lasting, and I keep getting compliments on my hair. I highly recommend using this brand!