I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling….26? I’ve just turned the big two six on Sunday and I’ve learned A LOT while I was 25. I wanted to share it with you guys, so here are 10 thing’s I have learned as a 25 year old.
1. Life is way too short to be angry. One of my best friends nicknamed me angry bird (that should tell you something). My anger problem was that bad. It was to a point where I was pushing people I cared about away. I made it a goal to work on my very short fuse, build better relationships with people, and breath a lot more. My life has been completely different ever since.
2. I love my family. I love them to pieces. This was the first year I’ve really gotten close to them along with my mom and dad, and I am so thankful I have. There really isn’t anything thicker than blood.
3. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. This is huge, and I’ve learned this through my professional career. I’m currently working at a job where I am really enjoying what I do and get to utilize my creative skills. Even though I’ve had the skills beautifully presented on my resume, it was my connections that landed me the job. So be kind to EVERYONE and try not to burn any bridges. You never know when you may need to cross one.
4.I found a new found obsession with bubble tea. And I am not ashamed of it! Taro flavor to be exact.
5. I love blogging. This was something that was just a hobby that turned into a full blown passion of mine. I didn’t realize how much I loved doing this. I love taking images, working on social media, and writing and creating content. I love the challenges behind it and the feeling I have when people give me positive feedback about my work.
6. Everything happens for a reason. My beautiful little sister has taught me this life lesson, and I have to agree with her. As I reflect on everything that has happened to me, both good and bad, it has proven her wisdom time and time again. Trust that what ever happens, it happened for the better. And when one door closes, the universe will open another one.
7. Cut the Debby downers out of your life. I’ve noticed that another reason why I was negative was because I was surrounding myself with negative people. If there is someone who is constantly complaining around you, cut them out of your life. There was one particular person I had to cut out, and afterwords I’ve noticed how much better my life’s been.
8. I’m ok with not having a ton of friends. For the longest time I thought there was something wrong with me for not having the amount of friends I wished I had. During the lowest points of my life, I’ve seen the handful of people that were there for me. Those are the people that matter the most and that’s all that counts.
9. There’s nothing wrong with feeling lost in life. There are some people who know exactly what they want, and a plan all laid out on how to get there. Me? I’ve never been that person. I’ve jumped around from one field to another trying to figure out what I want. This year, I’ve stopped giving a shit and just did the things I loved (blogging for example). It’s crazy how my one little hobby is molding into what I want to do professionally. If you are feeling lost, do not feel bad about it. It will come to you eventually.
10. Stay positive. Life is not a straight line. It’s more like a roller coaster, taking you up, down, twists, and turns. No matter what part of the ride you’re in, stay positive. This will take you a long way.