If you’re looking to start a workout program or have a solid gym routine in place, having a gym bag with all of the right things is a must. As someone who has been squeezing her workouts at lunch during the workweek, I’ve figured out what any plus size woman (or anyone in general) would need to have a better time during and after their workout sesh. Here are my top 10 items you need to keep in your gym bag to look and feel fresh after going to the gym.
Note: these are the things I like to keep when I’m on a time crunch and do not have time to shower after a workout.
Let’s start with the duffle bag itself. I picked mine up from ROSS department store. You can find inexpensive, branded gym bags at Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx.
Quick tip: Keep your gym bag in your car that way you’re always ready for a workout!
Plus Size Women’s Gym Bag Essentials:
1. Water bottle – Stay hydrated kids. If you didn’t know already, it’s very important to drink water before, during, and after a workout.
2. Fitness gloves – If strength training is in your workout program, these babies will come in handy (pun intended). Fitness gloves will prevent getting those painful blisters and calluses on your hands when using barbells, dumbbells, and weight machines.
3. Body wipes – Can’t shower after a workout? No problem! Grab a couple of these wipes to wipe the sweat off of your body. Remember to get into all of the creases, under every boob and roll if you have any.
4. Deodorant – I know what you’re thinking, “duh.” Just remember to use deo in other areas of your body along with your armpits. Remember all of those places the body wipe should be used? Go with a deo stick afterward. That way it’ll soak up the extra sweat from the rest of the day. Trust me guys. Body wipes + deodorant is going to be a game changer for those who don’t have time to shower after a workout.
5. Body spray – You can find affordable ones at ROSS, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx.
6. Face wipes – This is the easiest and most time-saving way to remove makeup/sweat from your face.
7. Dry shampoo – Once again, this is especially handy when you don’t have time to shower. Just spritz some onto your hair, zhuzh it up, and comb it out.
8. Comb/hairbrush – because, well you know, your hair.
9. Moisturizers – After a good sweat, your face needs some added moisture. I use Nivea for face and body, and Vaseline for my lips.
10. SPF moisturizer – This is especially important if you’re thinking about going for a run outside. Also, wear this after your moisturizer before leaving the gym.
FTC Disclosure: This is NOT a sponsored post, all opinions are my own. Some of the links shared are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission from any purchases made.