Plus Size Workout Clothes
Working out may be something you’re not a big fan of, but you can find that motivation right in your closet. It’s amazing how much better you’ll feel during a workout if you put a tiny bit of effort into your outfit. When you feel confident in your clothes, you’ll go harder. Here are a few tips on what to look for when putting together an outfit when you want to hit the gym.
- Top: Fabrics are important! Pick out fabrics that are flexible and that will keep you dry and comfortable when you’re at the gym. If you know you are going to sweat, stay away from cotton. Cotton will absorb moisture, leaving you sticky, wet, and cold (and not pretty).
- Pants: Once again, fabrics are important. Being a bigger girl means I have bigger thighs. An ordinary pair of Forever 21 leggings wont make it so far before my thighs tear a hole right through them. Workout leggings are made specifically for people who are active, so it will hold up better in the inner thighs and will last much longer.
- Get a good pair of shoes: This is very important. If you’re starting to see your old running shoes worn out at the bottom, it’s time to get it replaced. Having a good pair of shoes will make a difference in how your feet feels after a good workout, especially if you’re into cardio.
- Get a good quality, supportive sports bra: If you are going to do a high-impact workout, be sure to to opt for a bra that will “keep it all together” if you know what I mean. As a woman with a bigger chest, I like to wear bras that have wider straps, wider bands at the bottom of the bra, and a little tighter than normal. I’m a huge fan of the Victoria Secret Incredible bras, they are amazing when it comes to giving my chest support throughout my workouts.
- Stick to one to two colors. I feel like this is something I’ve incorporated into my style in any outfit, inside and outside the gym. By sticking to one to two colors, your outfit looks more polished and put together.
What’s inside your gym bag?